Today I went
shopping in Rexburg with a friend. It was the first time I have been
out there. She introduced me to the DI and a nice little place called
The Family Crisis Center. I found a TON of goodies and made out like
a bandit. I could have spent way longer at the DI in Rexburg, but
after an hour and a half I decided I should take my purchases up to
the front and check out. Plus little miss was getting tired.
I LOVE shopping at
thrift stores. It is good to go into thrift shops with an open mind.
It can be a bit frustrating sorting through all the stuff. But if you
have the patience you can find some really great items. Today I went
out looking for light weight sleepers for the little miss. We have
very few of the light weight ones, and a lot of the heavy weight
ones. With summer fast approaching those will not be very handy. I
got some sleepers and some other great finds too! Today's haul was
quite the success. I got all this for just under $60!!! I was
ecstatic. I got
- 2 wood stools
- 2 wood shelves
- 2 ceramic bowls
- 2 baby sleepers
- 1 pair of toddler pj pants (for my niece)
- 1 pair of fuzzy pj pants for me
- a mini expandable file folder(for coupons on the go)
- wet/dry pampered chef measuring cup
- pampered chef trivet
- a giant king sized blanket
- Full size deep pocket sheets
- Terra-cotta pot and base
- desk
The stools are for our breakfast bar area. I plan to give them a nice sand down and a new coat of paint. The shelves both have heart cut outs on them. They need a good cleaning, and maybe new coat of paint. They are going to go in little miss's room. They even have pegs to hang things on :) The desk is for The lair. I will re-paint it black to match the other desks that are already in there. And that beautiful terra cotta pot is going to go right out front of our house. I want to put some brightly colored flowers in it. All in all I was
VERY satisfied with my finds today.





No comments:
Post a Comment